Your browser version is outdated. We recommend that you update your browser to the latest version.


In York, North Yorkshire & East Riding homelessness and housing options services are provided by the local councils. The way in which each local authority runs their homelessness services varies in each area. City of York and East Riding of Yorkshire Councils (unitary authorities) and the seven North Yorkshire local authorities either provide homelessness assistance and accommodation themselves or have transferred some or all of these duties to other housing providers. All enquiries relating to homelessness should be made to the individual Council concerned.

Where can you get more advice?

You can get free legal advice from Key House (formerly HARP) on 01845 521458. Key House is a registered charity and provides free legal advice and representation across North Yorkshire and York.

You can also contact the Citizens Advice Bureau on the following numbers:

Skipton 03444 111 444 - York and North Yorkshire Advice Line
01756 701371 - Message line

Northallerton 01609 776 551
Advice line: 03444 111 444

Harrogate 01423 503 591

Ripon Message line: 01765 643466


Ryedale 03444 111 444

Scarborough & Whitby 01723 368 710

Selby 01757 701 320

York Advice line 03444 111 444

East Riding 0300 3300 888

Cookie Policy

This site uses cookies to store information on your computer.

Do you accept?